To use Viber on your Linux computer(Ubuntu or Linux Mint), follow these steps:
Install Viber on Ubuntu
- Go to the Viber website (https://www.viber.com/)
- click on the "Download" button to download the installation file.
- Go to "Windows & others"
- Download the
- Double-click on the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- Follow the prompts to install Viber on your computer - if any
- Once the installation is complete, open Viber from the Start menu
- Create a desktop or panel shortcut.
Viber Initial setup
Enter your phone number to log in to Viber. You will receive a confirmation code via SMS or phone call, which you will need to enter to complete the login process.
Once you are logged in, you can start using Viber to message and call other Viber users.
Fix Viber won't launch
If you have problems starting viber on Ubuntu or Linux Mint then you can try to - start viber from the terminal by next command:
Note: You can check how to start viber by checking the menu entry.
If you got error like:
xkbcommon: ERROR: Couldn't process include statement for 'us(phonetic)'
Then the problem is related to keyboard layouts.
In order to solve it you can disable some languages different from the US. After that you can start viber. Once viber is initialized you can set up the removed languages.